AMS 100 C:62 RACE 29
AMS 100 C:62 RACE 29
Discreet in black, but untamed. With its elegant Blackline look, the AMS 100 Race might appear rather reserved at first sight. But don't be fooled. A second glance at the state-of-the-art carbon frame and high quality components reveals a fast marathon bike that will unleash its potential on competitive trail rides
The superlight and very stiff C:62 carbon frame, dynamic Agile Ride Geometry, efficient 100mm travel from the AMS chainstays – and various other details – all demonstrate that this bike is a racer for keen riders looking for all-out performance. In order to keep the suspension characteristics – which we've tuned specifically for marathon and XC – identical across all frame sizes, each size has its own unique carbon rocker and specially positioned pivot points. This is a frame for fast perfectionists who value understated looks. Another plus: for frame sizes of 19 inch and over, there's room for a second water bottle.
Race full susser or fast trail bike? Both! Rock Shox running gear in "Fast Black" integrates brilliantly, in terms of both looks and function, into the AMS 100 C:62 Race. The handlebar lockout is perfect for keeping the Rock Shox Reba RL under control in flat-out sprints, while the 3-stage Monarch RT3 shock handles the rear end. It's not just about control and traction on technical trails – it's also about added comfort. Shimano's XT groupset has always been the benchmark for durability, performance and versatility; the new 2×11 XT with its giant gear range, courtesy of its 11-40 cassette, improves the breed even more. The new XT disk brakes set a reference point for power and control, while the Fulcrum Red 66 system wheels offer a perfectly balanced weight/stiffness ratio.
- FRAMEC:62 Monocoque Advanced Twin Mold Technology, ARG, ERC, FSP 4-Link, AXH
- SIZE17", 19", 21", 23"
- FORKRock Shox Reba RL, Fast Black, PushLoc, 15QR Maxle, Tapered, 100mm
- SHOCKRock Shox Monarch RT3, 165x38mm, Open/Pedal/Lockout Mode, SV Air Canister
- SHOCK HARDWAREFront: 22x8mm, Rear: 40x8mm
- HEADSETFSA Orbit I-t, Integrated, Top 1 1/8", Bottom 1 1/2"
- STEMCUBE Performance Stem Pro, 31.8mm
- HANDLEBARCUBE Flat Race Bar Pro, 720mm
- GRIPSCUBE Race Grip, 1-Clamp
- REAR DERAILLEURShimano XT, RD-M8000-DGS, ShadowPlus, 11-Speed, Direct Mount
- FRONT DERAILLEURShimano XT, FD-M8025-D, Direct Mount, Down Swing
- SHIFTERSShimano XT SL-M8000-I, Direct Attach
- BRAKE SYSTEMShimano XT BR-M8000, Hydr. Disc Brake (180/160)
- CRANKSETShimano XT, FC-M8000, 36x26T, 175mm (180mm for largest frame size)
- CASSETTEShimano XT CS-M8000, 11-40
- CHAINShimano CN-HG600-11
- WHEELSETFulcrum Red 66, 28/28 Spokes, 15QR/X12
- FRONT TIRESchwalbe Rocket Ron Kevlar, 2.25, LiteSkin
- REAR TIRESchwalbe Racing Ralph Kevlar, 2.25, LiteSkin
- SADDLESelle Italia SC1
- SEAT POSTCUBE Prolight, 31.6mm
- SEATCLAMPCUBE Varioclose, 34.9mm
- WEIGHT11.65 kg